Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can anyone help me find out why my 1997 Lincoln continental won`t start?

I parked my car one night and when I went to start it the next morning it just wouldn`t start. The battery is fine . We thought it might be the ignition but that seems to be okay also. Has anyone with a lincoln had this problem and if so, what was the cure? Thank you.|||If the car turns over but won't start, it could have jumped time. Had a car do that to me when I was driving it. Acted just like it was out of gas. Would turn over, but wouldn't crank. Had to get timing belt replaced. Solved my problem.|||check the starter or the spark plugs and wires you might want to check the the altornator to|||If it's got spark, then the prob's gas. Have some body listen to the gas tank, and turn the key off and on. He should hear a buzz each turn of the key. No buzz; bad fuel pump. If it buzzes each time then find the fuel hose going into the engine and take it off. Stick it into a plastic bottle and turn the key again. If it doesn't pour out, it's the filter. If it does and still don't start, i'm stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment